Heritage Chinese, Asia, French Cuisine & Patisserie
The history of La Maison de George as a chef and innovator can only be described through their signature style, soul and unique techniques. Take a look at some of their most delicious and acclaimed recipes below.
STEAMED COCONUT MILK BUNS WITH OAT BRAN 蒸鮮椰奶胚芽饅頭 VOML
Prep Time: 1.5 hour
Cook Time: 15 mins
150 g high-gluten flour (bread flour)
300 g low-gluten flour (cake flour)
20 g instant oat meal
2 tsp instant yeast
2 tsp baking powder
5 Tbsp granulated sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil
240 g coconut milk
1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the coconut milk, by hand.
2. Slowly stir in the coconut milk until a dough form. Sprinkle flour on a tabletop and roll out the dough. Keep kneading for 10 to 15 minutes until it is smooth and thoroughly combined.
3. Brush a dash of coconut oil into a large bowl, place the dough inside, and cover with the heatproof plastic wrap.
4. Place on the rack and put inside a wok with hot water or in a steam oven at 40°C for 1 hour until the dough doubles in size.
5. Roll the dough and knead into a sausage shape. Cut into 6 equal parts. Line each piece of dough with a piece of baking paper, cover with a damp cloth, and allow to stand in a perforated container for 15 minutes.
6. Place the dough in a steam bamboo with lid, and put inside a wok which half filled with hot water and steam at high heat or in a steam oven at 100°C, both method for 12 minutes or until cooked. Then serve immediately.
*use a toothpick to test whether the mantau is cooked or not. If the toothpick come out clean without any small wet dough bit, it shall be cooked.